I lost my purse this weekend.
I am annoyed.
This has never happened to me before so I’m at a bit of a loss.
Ironically I periodically turn out the contents because I think I will lose it but I hadn’t done so lately so I lost more than I normally would.
- Around 40-45 quid, normally not that much money in there but I had a paranoid turn about taxis and late nights and buying emergency food for a braai that particular day
- A coffee shop card with all it’s stamps, validating a free coffee, probably worth up to £3.70
- My drivers licence which I don’t even USE in the UK (Was using it for ID for something weeks ago) This costs £20 to replace and has my address printed on it but so far no joy with honest citizens
- Random change from around the world, especially the States and a 2 pound coin with the London underground logo as a special print run
- A series of store loyalty cards. My suspicion is at least one of them has over £20 on it.
- Receipts for the last million places I have gone
- Hopefully not two cinema vouchers I’d collected the week before, valid for any cinema within a certain franchise. Value at box office around £20
- Bank and credit cards. Fortunately they don’t charge you to replace these in the UK but they aren’t that efficient about sending them immediately either so I’m literally cash poor now
- One silver earring. (I lost the other one but I’ve been convinced I bought three of them so kept the earring in the hopes of finding the last triplet somewhere)
Probably about £100 if not more GONE in one go. They say the average handbag in the UK is valued at well over £250. When you remember people put their phones, ipads, house keys etc into them, I can see how this is the case.
note to self: Weed out what is in your purse/bag more regularly because you never know when it may go for a walk. And don’t carry the non-essentials with when you don’t need them because they become essential when they are gone.