As you get older you become less flexible, especially if you are a parent with a child who is unable to compute putting their shoes away even though they are now actually taller than you.
As you rise up in the food chain you get more accustomed to people fulfilling your every command.
If you only speak English you assume everyone else really wants to speak it too to communicate.
So this is how it works if you fall into one or more of the three above catagories.
Someone says something to you which will impact on your life. One of three things occurs.
- It is not what you wanted them to say as it seriously inconveniences your life in some fashion because they have just stated they either can’t do what you want or won’t do what you want when you want it done
- You don’t actually believe or understand what they just said to you
- Everyone jumps to obey your command
If the third option does not happen your solution is to:
- Say it louder and slower
- Say it louder and slower and more insistently when the person keeps going ‘no missus, is not possible’
- Ignore what they are saying and reply, ‘So it’ll be done by tomorrow, yes?’ and walk out to end the conversation in complete bliss that everyone will jump to your command in your absence
And you know what really irritates me in this situation?
The problem is STILL THERE tomorrow. Just because you commanded that tomorrow the moon needs to orbit the sun because an eclipse would suit you does not mean your minions/children/slaves can achieve the task, even if they stay up all night. Or in fact that they want to even if they tried.
I don’t understand how it is the people who are meant to be running things are often the most oblivious to the reality.